Rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

Monday, July 16, 2007

I've joined a gym

Five weeks ago I decided to visit a gym for the first time. My local leisure centre has a 'kickstart' programme of five weekly appointments with an instructor to get you started. For someone like me who's never used a gym before it's a real help to have someone to guide you.

The idea of going to a gym never appealed to me before, but I'm actually rather enjoying it. The great thing that a gym has to offer is variety. Everything you need is all in one place. That helps to keep it from getting boring too. I don't do more than ten minutes or two sets on any one exercise.

No measureable results yet, but I definitely feel fitter, and I'm able to exercise harder now than I could when I started, and that's the measurement that counts.

No comments: